Monday, February 19, 2007

PERFECT

Yesterday and then again today the weather finally cooperated, and by that I mean the mercury rose to within exactly one degree of a little number I like to call BEAUTIFUL. It was amazing. I walked to the courts yesterday and hit for 90 minutes and then walked home; it was stunning. Today we practiced for two hours at the park and it was wonderful. Actually, it was great until coach made us run a couple of parks and thanks to the excretory emergency I was forced to deal with at that time, there was a whole other set of problems to deal with. Aaaaanyhow.

Scotland's own Andy Murray took down Andy Roddick and Ivo Karlovic in quick succession this weekend. That's a pretty impressive pair of servers to beat back to back. Karlovic does this a few times a year; it will be interesting to see if he can stick around this time. I mean, he's 6'10'', there is no reason that he shouldn't just pulverize anyone who comes on court with him. You don't even need to be able to play that well past serving if you hit 20 aces a match. That's more aces than I've hit this year. And last year.

This cat took down Robbie Ginepri in 3 sets in Memphis. It's too bad because I like Robbie. And also because that guy is two years younger than me. You can check out the Memphis tournament website, but I should warn you that it sucks ass.

Back to Scotland for a minute. Is this an amazing t-shirt or am I retarded? I bought it, so I hope I'm not retarded. Of course, I won't wear it tucked into a kilt that goes up to my nipples, so I will at least have that going for me. I also bought an amazing Scottish flag bandana a while back that I am going to sport at a few matches this season. The whole soccer thing and a little bit of tennis and a lot of wanting to bring some European strangeness to my house has led me to buying cool stuff on ebay. I will probably buy a new sibling on there eventually.

I guess this is kind of a cool trophy. Whatever, Mauresmo is a man, I bet she doesn't enjoy the diamonds too much. Or maybe she does. I make it a point to ignore her. Just another irrational tennis bias, I suppose.

By the way, happy belated Valentine's Day to you people. I didn't think to say anything earlier because it's not a real holiday (what do I know though? I am single and ready to mingle). I'll be getting back to the homework now...

No comments: