Monday, January 22, 2007

oh well...


So this was disappointing. Not really too happy about that. I didn't watch the match, but I do know that Gonzo is a stud. He hits the piss out of the ball, big strokes from both sides, nice serve; he is a guy that will give anyone problems. Apparently, he just overpowered Blake, which is not easy to do at all. Trust me, there will be some banging with him and Nadal in the quarters. That would have been huge for Blake to make the QF at somewhere not named Flushing Meadows, or BJKNTC or whatever it is now.

And speaking of Nadal...the Murray match was amazing, I guess, since I haven't seen that either. This school schedule and practice and what not has been cutting into my couch time, so I haven't seen much tennis in the past two days. Except, of course, for my own tennis. So clever. Moving on.

Really looking forward to seeing this guy in the QFs. That will be an interesting match, although I think Roddick may pancake him. Hopefully it is competitive.

Serena Williams just keeps winning, much to my chagrin. Hopefully someone knocks her off soon. As long as she doesn't bring back the stare. In that case I will go to Australia myself and beat her down.

I'm off now to watch Carmelo Anthony dominate, hopefully. It may be a good evening to be a Nuggets fan, or it may not, in which case I won't be back tonight. Also, as a side note, I love how KG got suspended for 1 game for throwing a punch and hitting Antonio McDyess with a basketball but 1/5 of the Nuggets got suspended for various (and extraordinary) lengths for what they did. I'm not defending Melo, just saying this...I'm coming for you, David Stern!! Tool!

No comments: