Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mary Carillo!!

This is a little late but funny nonetheless.

Mary Carillo. Do I really need to say anything else? If I was her, I would now tell a story that had nothing to do with the tennis match I was calling. But I won't. However, I will say that I could do commentary for tennis matches better than she can. Then again, anyone with even a passing knowledge of the sport and some common sense could do a better job. I like this though. If you're too lazy to click that, just know that she had somewhat of a breakdown in a recent match. She started saying all kinds of off the wall crap and may have in fact dropped a few swear words into the broadcast. For the record, I was channel surfing and did not hear her drop an F-bomb, but when I turned the tv back to the match I clearly remember hearing "I'm assuming I'm going to be fired after this match..." which was not meant to be heard by anyone other than her co-commentator. I also remember her babbling on about how she is "Dick Enberg on training wheels" (as if that's a good thing!) during a crucial point in the decisive third set of the Williams-Peer QF match. And even worse, I remember Carillo's comment that Shahar Peer was attempting to be "without peer" (pronounced 'pare'). She actually made so many ridiculous comments in that match that she got banned from the Roddick-Fish match. I just found that out, but it's worth noting on here because it is hilarious...to me at least. Ahhhhh whatever

No comments: