Sunday, January 28, 2007

Federer - what can you say!?


I apologize to my legions of fans all across the world about not updating for a couple of days. I'm sure you missed it. Ahem. Anyhow, I have been fighting school and weather (damn you, Colorado) and then yesterday I was in Denver for a Nuggets game. They lost, so that was a bummer, but I got back in time to watch the final, and what a performance. I'm not even going to say anything about Federer because seriously, what else could I say? If Gonzo, playing the way he was playing, couldn't beat Federer, then there was no one else in the world who was going to beat him last night. Roddick said something earlier about Federer not widening the gap...ho k... He has now won 3 grand slams 3 times. Think about that. That's a piss load. Out of the first 16 grand slams he played, he got to the QF twice and that was it. Out of the next like 15, he's won 10. Holy crap!

And Serena. I must admit, it was ballsy as hell to come back and win the entire tournament and demolish Sharapova in the process. Good for her I guess. But never again.

So now we will see what the rest of the tennis world has to offer. It's been an amazing start to the season. We've had Mary Carillo, Serena Williams, Federer, Hurricane Fena, extreme heat, bush fires, and that's all just in Australia. One thing, though, is clear after this first grand slam. It's Roger Federer's universe; everyone else is just trying to get a game or two.

No comments: