Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I know I know, it's a tennis blog...

But SERIOUSLY, who can resist the EPL? MLS? SPL? Tired of the acronyms? The beautiful game? OK I'm done. This summer when I was in Boulder my friends got me really into the World Cup, and we played a lot of soccer when we weren't working (I was working at a Nike tennis camp). I was intrigued. I did what anyone would do who wanted to learn more about soccer in the laziest way possible...I bought Fifa 06 for the xbox, and then now with the 360 I got the new Fifa 07 and I can't stop playing it. All of my friends in high school and some in college now play soccer, and I was always an honorary "soccer boy," even though I never knew anything about it. That said, I love it now. I wish I didn't suck at it. It's an addiction. Watch a game and you'll find out how wrapped up you can get in it. It's starting to take over, though. I find myself juggling tennis balls with my feet at pratice, chesting balls to the ground when people hit them to me, planning my hw sessions around my next game of Fifa...it's getting out of hand. So in the spirit of that, I want you to watch this, because Steven Gerrard is God, and Liverpool is the only football club that matters. That's really all you need to know, because it's pretty much all I know, but I have been told by several reliable sources that I am 100% correct.



And if you absolutely need more tennis, check this one out - it seems as if the Williams sisters are putting fame to good use. For the record, I would be doing this all the time if I was a bad ass athlete. But I'm glad they're doing it. I might have to re-consider my anti-Williams stance if they keep surprising me by winning grand slams and being decent human beings.

No comments: