Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Some numbers

1: Number of stereos stolen from my car and windows broken while my car was parked in the athletic parking lot.
2: Minutes spent doing homework on the trip -- not even kidding.
3: Slices of pizza eaten by Kyle even after a 7:30 pm steak dinner followed by a double serving of chocolate ice cream.
4: Bathrooms assaulted on the way home from Topeka to Pueblo -- we had eaten some Chipotle.
5: Consecutive hours of TV we watched last Thursday while it was snowing.
6: Number of foreign players that Northwest Missouri State has in their top 6. (I know it looks like five, but six of them are from other countries...one of them is Japanese.)
7: Times I pondered quitting the sport of tennis after a demoralizing defeat at 12:30 AM.
8: Reasons I found to keep playing.
9: People I can think of off-hand who should have suffered a torn ACL instead of Josh; I won't name names at this time.
10(2): Hours spent getting to and home from Topeka.
The trip was not a complete disaster -- no one died. That said, I want to forget about most of it right now. I hate to say it, but it's one of those things that I'm sure we will laugh about later in life, but holy hell, what a depressing five days in the American midwest.

We had a match yesterday. I won both of my matches, Ricardo won his singles match and he teamed with Beau to win at 1 dubs. We didn't pull out any other team wins though, so we lost 5-4. We played Montana State-Billings and they were an interesting bunch. The match almost got called on account of darkness, so it's a good thing it's almost daylight savings time.
In the world of professional tennis, things are just getting interesting. It's time for one of my favorite tournaments: Indian Wells. I love that place. Federer, obviously, is the favorite, but there is a lot of good tennis being played right now. The women's side has been plagued by withdrawls, so hopefully the men can avoid that crap.

No comments: