Thursday, March 1, 2007

The doldrums, or whatever

I went down to breakfast this morning and came back to watch some TV. Then I found out my coaches and a couple other people were going to watch a match between Metro State and Emporia State at a racquet club nearby here. I tagged along and I have mixed emotions. I am both inspired and depressed by what I saw. The tennis was really good although it made me want to go play tennis, it made me a little sad because I am not nearly as amazing as some of the players I saw.
In other news, we play at 8 tonight and I guess we are going to get a shitty warm up. Since the weather is so cold and windy, and since there are tons of teams in town and everyone is trying to play on a very limited number of indoor courts, we will only have 1 court and 10 minutes to warm up 12 people for the match tonight. Then when we get on court we're going to have a 5 minute warm up and then it's time to play. It's the same for our opponents, so they will have the same disadvantage, but it's not entirely fair. Just have to try to make the best of it.
In the meantime, we have nothing to do. Ricardo and I did a little homework, but that's about it. Just a lot of lounging. I wish we could save some of this lazy time for tomorrow; we will get back to the hotel tonight after midnight probably, and then we have to leave the hotel at 9 AM to play at Emporia at 11 and then we have another match at 5 PM tomorrow.

No comments: