Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Inbetweenthings

Another Tuesday, another hellacious thunderstorm, another USTA league match washed out. Last Tuesday we got rained out, and then today was just crap. I left the house at 4:45 and it was fine. I noticed it was getting darker as I was driving to the courts, and after 5 minutes of driving I no longer needed my sunglasses. By 5:00 pm when I was at the facility it started to rain, and then by 5:15 it was hailing and blowing really bad. Didn't stop until almot 7:30. Fuck that.

Anyhow, I have that tournament in FoCo this week and was hoping I would get at least one match in beforehand. Guess I will have to get a couple of unofficial sets in and then be on my way. I am going to try to get up there and eat and then check in to the hotel, maybe take a fresh little nap, then head to the site and check the place out, play my first match, and then I might meet a friend for some dinner. I hate to plan things out that specifically in advance, but it seems like a solid schedule right now.

No comments: