Monday, April 16, 2007

What did I say?

That's right. I said the weather would be horrible and that I was glad I had taken advantage of it while I had the chance. It was windy and rainy and snowy for like five days after that. This weekend the weather was magnificent while we were in Denver and Greeley, but as I speak it is raining -- and has been raining for over four hours now. Joy of joys.

The trip was OK. We whupped up on CCU 9-0, and the good news is that they only have one psychotic person on their team. I find that to be good news because UNC had several of them. Or I guess the better term would be "prick." Or "douchebag." Or "vagina helmet" or even "slapdick." Whatever you want to call them, they were really poorly behaved. My guy hooked the shit out of me when I was serving at 30-40 5-all in the second set; it was the worst I've ever been hooked. Whatever though. I will be over it by the next time we have to play.

This is just a really quick update because I am still trying to wrap my head around life at the moment. I have to shower and figure out my checkbook and then probably do something else before I go to sleep, and I am making that a priority these days.

Oh man, I just found something hilarious. Let me say this much first: our two dubs team started out the season amazing. Mitch and Josh combined to make a really solid team. Then Josh tore that ACL. Kyle and Greg had been playing three dubs, but the teams got split up and moved around. Now Kyle and Mitch are playing 2, and they haven't exactly been grooving. They both kind of hate playing with each other, and the fact that they lost 4 or 5 games or whatever it was to CCU is really kind of funny. Mitch was really pissed at Kyle, in fact. So reading CCU's recap of the day is awesome. Plus, Ricardo hurt his back in singles and just tanked the shit out of the entire match after he got one break of serve anyhow. He Pete Sampras'd his way through the day. Guess that doesn't make as good of a story. Sorry CCU.

No comments: