Sunday, September 16, 2007

F'ing Broncos!!

Only the Broncos would do that to me! How about letting the Raiders appear to win the game, then call a time out, then let them donk the next FG off the post, then take the ball down and score! GEEZ. Good thing Jason Elam has been kicking game winners since I was a little kid! Anyhow, change of subject.

We played against Mesa State on Saturday and we won. It was pretty sick, actually. Kyle and I lost in dubs, Mitch and Andreas won (thankfully), and then Beau and Richie somehow lost at 1 dubs. So we were down 1-2 going into our singles matches, but we won 4 out of 5 to take the victory. I lost my first set 0-6, and then somehow rebounded and won 6-2, 6-0 after that. I clinched the victory for the team even! It was the first time I had done that, and I'm really glad that I pulled my head out of my ass. The guy I was playing is pretty solid. He was serving huge in the first set, and I was leaving all of my groundies short so he just kept teeing off. So at the start of the 2nd set, I just decided that I was not going to hit him another forehand, I was not going to miss anymore serves, and that I was going to be more aggressive by hitting deeper shots and coming into net more. I actually managed to do ALL of those things, and then I won. Tennis is really pretty simple when you aren't being a complete tool.

So I did what anyone would do after winning a match like that: Stayed out late even though I was exhausted and ended up paying for it all weekend. I haven't really been "sick," but I haven't felt well all weekend. Just really tired, feeling kind of crappy, and my stomach has been upset with me all weekend. Plus my mom's creation of what only can be dubbed as "fire and cheese" for dinner last night didn't help the situation. But whatever. I'm glad we won.

No comments: