Wednesday, September 12, 2007

another year, another...year...





Well school is up and running, tennis is sputtering along, so life moves on, I suppose. This year is hard to read so far. I am just taking 12 credit hours because I only need about 30 to get my degree, which is sick (thanks, England!!). It's really nice having a kind of laid back schedule, but I guess it's just the honor student in me that gets a little restless when my classes are inconsistently brilliant and shitty. Like I will have some moments of enlightenment, and then I will go to my next class and sit and not have anything happen. Such is life.

Tennis is a glorious pain in the ass. We have a new coach this year, don't know if I ever got around to talking about that. The old coach was great because he simplified the game and talked shit about everyone's mom. He was also amazing at tennis. But he's gone to New York with a lady and a swank country club, so we have "Tom." He's OK, but not really. He is really enthusiastic about the game and the team, but his promise of "more structure" has really not held up. He came into the season wanting to make major changes to my game, which has been OK until more recently. We tinkered with my forehand a bit and that was OK because we made a solid improvement and I've been hitting better lately. But yesterday the coaches decided to completely alter my serve motion (again! what the FUCK!?) so it's been a bit of a bungled couple of days. I was really confident two weeks ago, and now I'm searching for it again. We played against Metro State last weekend in Denver and we play against Mesa this Friday. I'm looking foward to it I guess...shit.

It's just been kind of a weird year so far. I'm in a pretty good groove as far as living is concerned...for me, life centers around getting to school, eating, getting to practice, eating, doing homework and then sleeping. It works for me, I guess. Life has been odd since getting home from England, and I really really REALLY want to go back, but I gotta finish this piece of my life first...ahhhhhhhhhhh

Been taking a few random pics too. Still trying to do the "let's look at something in an unusual way today" thing. None of these are too special but whatever. I'm taking a photography class that is filled with overachievers with $2000 cameras too -- no offense to good photographers...I just don't think that these people are that great at what they do...............

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Nice to see you back on track man!

College is going steady here now with me (at DePaul) and I hope you're having as good of a time there as I am here.

I hope those aren't beer caps . . . hahaha.