Friday, November 2, 2007

situational awareness

I'm at work and I don't have any pictures and I don't have anything interesting to say at all. Well that's not true. I always have something interesting to say.

That's not true either.

Tennis season.....let's see, when did I last update? We went to Mesa, and scraped out a 5-4 win. It was interesting. That was the first week of October. None of us played particularly well, and that's really the last time anyone on the team got along with anyone else. I can't take a couple of those guys anymore. They're either bitching about life and tennis and how shitty our coach is or their calling me at 1:45 in the morning to prank my ass out of bed. I'm probably going to start killing people. I can't believe it's November already.

I'm playing a local tournament this weekend. It might be stupid. Playing some dubs with my little brother and some singles. The singles draw looks small and stupid and the doubles draw is a pretty tough round robin.

Liverpool......what to even say about you!? I get up early in the morning to watch you and you underachieve week after week. Fuck! The draw with Arsenal was all right; I guess it was only a matter of time before Arsenal's cumulative sexiness allowed them a goal. I was proud of the way LFC played despite being exhausted and physically broken down. It might be a rough month. I trust Rafa, but I'm pretty anxious to see what's going to happen. I hope Agger comes back soon because he is a bad ass and one of my favorites.

The Nuggets are looking OK, and that's OK. Melo and AI and Kmart and Camby and Nene and JR (if his head's right) and Kleiza and Najera.....good lord, everyone's looking good so far. We're 1-0 so I'm not complaining -- this isn't some sort of early season rant. But fuck yeah, Nuggets...come on. I'm going to the Nuggets-Bulls game on the 20th, and I'll be 21, and we got first row club seats for $40 (love that student discount), so I'm psyched in more ways than one.

That brings me relatively up to date. We've been having off-season "practice" so far but most of them have been illegal. Coach doesn't care much for NCAA rules, I suppose. It's a dumb situation. No string, no shoes, no uniforms, no new balls....whatever. I felt more legit in high school.

I'm just trying to keep my head above the water. I have four weeks of this semester left and then two more semesters at the most -- then I'm graduating. That seems exciting. I'll get back to you.

No comments: